Prep time: 25
Cook time: 10
Total time: 3
This is a fantastic pizza to serve in lieu of a cheese plate. It also complements a steak dinner and adds an unexpected punch to brunch!
- In a small sauce pan, heat 1 tablespoon brown sugar and the balsamic vinegar together until the sugar has dissolved. Add ⅛ cup water, the blueberries, grated zest from ½ lemon a pinch of salt and about 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for about 15 minutes, until the blueberries pop and become soft. Set-aside.
- Heat your oven to 500 °F. If using a pizza stone, allow the stone to heat in the oven for 30 minutes before baking on it. Stretch out one of the pizza dough rounds onto a pizza peel dusted with flour, or onto a cookie sheet (if not using a pizza stone).
- Place the Gorgonzola cheese on top of the pizza dough in teaspoon sized dollops. Don’t overload the dough with cheese. Now drizzle the blueberry balsamic mixture over the top of the cheese. Use a light hand, as when the pizza cooks, the toppings will spread. Sprinkle some fresh rosemary on top of the blueberries.
- Slide the pizza into the oven and bake for about 8-10 minutes, until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is bubbling.
- Remove from the oven, garnish with more fresh rosemary and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Serve immediately.