The pop of flavor from these Crispy Roasted Chickpeas with Rosemary adds the perfect flavor to any soup, salad or just as a snack!
2 15-ounce cans chickpeas
2 tablespoons Colavita Extra Virgin olive oil
½ tsp salt
½ tsp cumin
4-6 large sprigs of fresh rosemary
Dishtowel or paper towels
- Heat the oven to 400°F.
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas. Pour the chickpeas into a strainer in the sink. Rinse thoroughly under running water.
- Allow the chickpeas to dry. You can air dry them or help them along by patting them with some paper towels.
- Spread the chickpeas out in an even layer on a baking sheet. Drizzle with Colavita olive oil and sprinkle with salt and cumin. Make sure all the chickpeas are evenly coated with Colavita olive oil.
- Add the rosemary sprigs to the pan and roast the chickpeas in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes. Give them a stir every 10 minutes. If you hear a few chickpeas pop, that’s normal. The chickpeas will turn golden brown when they are done. They should be crispy on the outside, and soft in the middle.
- Serve while the chickpeas are still warm, if possible – they are best out of the oven.
- Notes: You can also use the chickpeas as salad croutons or for a little crunch in salads.