Sweet pumpkin sliced get a smoky flavor when grilled, which is perfect for an autumn salad with kale and potatoes. Add in fall-fresh apples for a sweet crunch.
1 1/2 cups roasted pumpkin, sliced
1 bunch kale, coarsely chopped
6 small multi-colored potatoes
1 apple, cubed
4 poached eggs, 1 per serving
2 tbsp Colavita Olive Oil*
fresh parsley for garnish
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Optional: roasted and spiced nuts for topping, use this recipe .
- Heat your oven to 400°F. Cube the potatoes, and place them on a baking sheet. Drizzle them with Colavita Olive Oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place them in the oven and roast for about 15 minutes.
- Heat up a grill or grill pan. Slice the meat from a roasted pumpkin (see recipe, page 5) into strips. Brush with Colavita Extra Virgin Olive Oil and grill about 1 minute on each side. Remove from the heat and set aside on a plate.
- Rip the kale into bite-sized pieces and place in small, personal-sized bowls. Cube the apple and add it to the kale.
- Add in the roasted potatoes, a sprinkle of the spiced nuts and drizzle with the creamy pumpkin dressing (recipe follows).
- Top with a poached egg, some freshly chopped parsley, salt and freshly ground black pepper.