- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup dried fruit
- ¼ cup coconut flakes
- 1 cup nuts
- 5 tablespoons melted coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 tsp real vanilla
- ? – ½ cup real maple syrup or honey (I go with ? cup, but I like a lightly sweetened flavor)
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 300°
- Mix together: oats, cinnamon, salt, fruit and nuts in a big bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together maple syrup, oil, egg whites, vanilla, and salt until smooth.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir, making sure all dry ingredients are well coated. Split mixture between two oiled baking sheets. Spread evenly and press down firmly into a thin “donut” shaped single layer with a spatula. (This prevents an uncooked middle.)
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-35 minutes until granola is golden brown and crisp at the edges. Do not stir while baking. Allow to cool for 15 minutes on baking sheet before breaking into lovely, clumpy, clusters.