Apple and Gruyere Panini
For a sandwich that is sweet and salty, try our Apple and Gruyere Panini. The apples, cheese, and prosciutto compliment one another nicely.
- 4 ciabatta rolls, sliced in half
- 2 Granny Smith apples, thinly sliced
- ½ lb Gruyère cheese, thinly sliced
- 8 slices prosciutto (2 per panini) - crisped
- 1 large vidalia onion, caramelized
- 6 oz fresh arugula
- 1 tbs Colavita Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat your oven to 400°F. Place strips of prosciutto or pancetta on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, making sure the strips do not overlap each other. Roast for 10 minutes, until crispy.
- Check in on them at 6 minutes to make sure they are not burning. Feel free to roast longer to achieve desired amount of crispiness.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on paper towels to absorb excess fat.