Asian style Steamed Cod over Napa Cabbage, Ginger, Scallions and Fresh Cilantro
This Asian-style steamed cod over napa cabbage recipe produces a savory piece of fish over the finest greens and seasonings.
- 2 whole skinless fillets of cod
- 1 head Napa cabbage sliced julienne (bok choy works just as well)
- 1 bunch scallions trimmed, washed and sliced
- 1 white onion sliced
- 4 tbs chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tbs chopped fresh jalapeno pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and sliced julienne
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, washed well and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped fine
- 1 tbs toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbs Colavita Extra Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tbs soy sauce
- In a pan with a tight-fitting lid on the stove top heat the Colavita Extra Virgin Olive Oil and sesame oil, add the onion, ginger, garlic and bell pepper. Sautée 2 minutes over medium heat, add the sliced Napa cabbage and toss to mix everything well.
- Place the cod on top of the cabbage, add the soy sauce to the pan and seal with a tight fitting lid.
- Over medium heat with the lid on, cook for 10 minutes, remove lid and check the fish for doneness with a thermometer, cake tester or a knife. Then add the chopped cilantro over the fish, return the lid and cook for another 2 -3 minutes until the fish is completely done.
- Remove the fish with a slotted spatula trying best not to break it. Arrange the cooked cabbage and vegetables over the top and around the fish, pour any cooking liquid over the fish as the “sauce” and eat it with whole grain rice, or white rice as a side dish.