Learn how to make homemade baked meatballs, Colavita-style. From our family, to yours! Made with our olive oil and homemade Italian basil sauce.
- 1 lb chopped chuck
- ½ cup Bread Crumbs plus more for rolling
- 1 egg
- ½ cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (fresh if you can find it)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 24-oz can of Colavita Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 jar of Colavita Tomato Basil Sauce
- Combine the tomato sauce and crushed tomatoes in a large stock pot over medium-low heat. Bring to a simmer, and keep on low heat while you prepare the meatballs.
- Place all ingredients except for the tomato sauce and crushed tomatoes in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix until all ingredients are well blended but do not keep mixing for too long as this will result in the meatballs being very heavy and hard.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and heat your oven to 400°F.
- Take about a heaping tablespoon-full of the meatball mixture and form into a ball.
- Roll in the extra breadcrumbs and place on the baking sheet.
- Repeat with the rest of the mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden. If desired, pop the cooked meatballs into the simmering sauce until ready to serve.