Everyone who knows me knows, that I don’t like eating yellow or already brown bananas – they have to be green :) and if it occurs that they eventually really not green anymore, I make a banana bread. It’s a good pre and post training or race food, delicious for breakfast or simply tasty to a cup of coffee.
- 1/3 cup Colavita Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 3 mashed bananas
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
Optional: 1/2 cup mix-ins like chopped walnuts, chopped dried fruit, fresh banana slices
- Preheat the oven to 165°C/325°F. Butter a loaf pan and add some bread crumbs or whole wheat.
- Beat the oil and maple syrup in a large bowl together with a whisk. Add the eggs and beat well, then whisk in the mashed bananas and milk.
- Then add the baking soda, vanilla, salt and cinnamon and whisk to blend. Lastly, stir in the flour, just until combined.
- Spoon the cake mixture into the greased loaf pan and level with the back of the spoon. If you like to add some chocolate chips then mix them carefully with a spoon into the dough.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes.