This recipe makes a great popsicle - freeze it into popsicle forms and enjoy as a snack! If the consistency is too thick, you can add some water or ice cubes.
- 8 oz almond milk or coconut milk (in the carton)
- ¼ cup light coconut milk (the kind that comes in a can – you can usually find in the Thai food section of the grocery store)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut
- 1 scoop protein powder (we use Full Throttle Endurance Whey Protein)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- dash of cinnamon
- dash of nutmeg
- 1 Chai tea bag
- Heat up the almond and coconut milk in a small sauce pan over medium heat. When it starts to simmer, turn the heat off and add in the Chai tea bag. Allow to steep (and cool) for about 3 minutes.
- Make sure the milk and Chai mixture has cooled a bit before blending. Blending hot liquids tends to cause minor blender-related explosions, which is something to avoid.
- Throw everything in the blender. Blend until you can't blend anymore. Or until everything is properly mixed up – whichever comes first.
- Pour into a glass, add a straw and sip away!
- This recipe makes a great popsicle – freeze it into popsicle forms and enjoy as a snack!
- If the consistency is too thick, you can add some water or ice cubes.