Colavita does Salad Nicoise
This has tons of good healthy foods and a really yummy dressing. Colavita does Salad Nicoise!
- 1/4 cup Colavita Prosecco White Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 gloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp grainy dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp minced scallion
- 1 tsp anchovy paste
- 2 tsp fresh tarragon, minced
- 3/4 cup Colavita Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 12 baby red potatoes, boiled, halved, tossed with 1/4 cup of the dressing, set aside
- 2/3 lb fresh green beans, blanched (see below*)
- 1/2 cup Colavita Artichoke Hearts, quartered
- 1 1/3 cup grape tomatos, halved
- 1/2 cup nicoise olives (kalamata will do if you cannot find nicoise)
- 4 hard boiled eggs, peeled and quartered
- 1 lbs fresh sushi grade ahi tuna steaks (see below**)
- 1 head butter lettuce, leaves separated, washed, patted dry
- 1/3 cup fresh flat leaf italian parsley, roughly chopped
Rub the tuna with olive oil, a bit of the vinaigrette and season with salt and pepper. Get your pan searing hot and gently place tuna in pan and cook on each side for about 2 minutes (rare). Transfer to cutting board and slice across the grain.
**Blanched green beans:
Wash green beans under cold water. Trim woody end of bean with small knife. Boil water in saucepan. Add a decent amount of salt. Add beans to boiling water. Put lid on pot. Start a timer for 3 minutes. While waiting for the beans to boil, fill a bowl with enough water and ice to cover beans. Once 3 minutes is over, promptly remove beans and dunk them in the ice bath until cooled. Remove from ice bath and pat dry.
- Whisk together all ingredients in a small bowl and once combined slowly add, while whisking, the olive oil until fully incorporated and creamy.
- Place butter lettuce leaves on plate. Arrange potatoes, green beans, artichoke hearts, tomatoes, olives, eggs, and tuna on top of leaves. Drizzle with tarragon vinaigrette and garnish with parsley. Ta da!