Creamy Lemon Pasta with Shrimp
Tossed with angel hair pasta, this creamy lemon pasta with shrimp is perfect for anytime, including warm summer days. Made tangy with lemon zest.
- ½ package Colavita Spaghettini, Angel Hair Pasta, or 4 Angel Hair Nests
- 3 tablespoons Colavita Extra Virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- grated lemon zest from 2 lemons
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- ¾ lb extra large shrimp, rinsed, peeled and deveined
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice (about 2-3 lemons)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Hot pepper flakes
- Freshly chopped parsley and mint
- Heat 3 tablespoons of Colavita Extra Virgin Olive Oil and 1 tablespoon of butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add the crushed garlic cloves, hot pepper flakes and the zest from 1 of the lemons. Allow to simmer slowly, stirring occasionally for about 4 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and cook until they are just pink – about 2 minutes per side.
- Sprinkle in the fresh parsley and mint and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- At this point, you can turn off the heat on the shrimp while the pasta cooks.
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling, salted water until almost done. For spaghettini, about 4 minutes. The pasta will finish cooking in the pan with the shrimp, so you want it to be underdone.
- Drain the pasta, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Add the drained pasta to the shrimp skillet and turn the heat back on to medium.
- Pour in the ⅓ cup lemon juice and stir to combine. Cook for about 1-2 minutes. If the mixture seems dry, you can add some of the reserved pasta water, ¼ cup at a time.
- Remove from the heat, garnish with lemon zest and slices, and more parsley and mint.