DAHL - Emma Grant
"With my team mates over in Belgium kicking off the season with the gruelling classics I thought I would share one of my favourite warming meals. This quick coconut dahl recipe is a great way to defrost after a wet training ride. I love to make it in bulk and freeze it- enjoy!"
- 1 tbsp Colavita EVOO
- 2 medium onions
- 4 garlic cloves, diced
- 3cm piece of fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 500g dried red lentils
- 400ml tin coconut milk (full fat)
- 1 Litre of Rachel Ray stock or homemade broth (water works too)
- Juice of ½ lemon or lime
- 2tsp tamari or soy sauce
- Handful of fresh cilantro (aka coriander) chopped
- Heat EVOO in large saucepan over a medium heat, add onions and soften for ~ 8 mins.
- Add garlic, ginger, turmeric and chilli powder, stir to prevent sticking.
- Add lentils, coconut milk and stock, cover and simmer for ~25 mins.
- Add the lemon/ lime juice, tamari and season to taste.
- Top with fresh cilantro.
- For extra fuel post work out, serve with rice, steamed veggies and chicken.