Erica Allar's Off Season Plate
An array of Erica Allar's favorite dishes during the off season.
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes (I used heirloom)
- 4 oz mozzerella- fresh pearls or chopped regular mozzerella
- 1/4 c fresh basil - chopped
- 1/8 c fresh oregano- chopped
- 1 tbsp Colavita Balsamic Glace
- 2 tbsp Colavita Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 garlic glove grated
- sea salt to taste
- pepper to taste
Rosemary Pine Nut Oven Roasted Brussel Sprouts
- 1 lb brussel sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons Colavita Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (optional)
- Whisk together the broth and pumpkin in heavy medium saucepan and simmer over medium heat. Cover the pan and reduce the heat to low to keep the pumpkin broth warm.
- Cook the bacon in medium skillet over medium heat until brown and crisp. Transfer to paper towel to drain.
- Melt butter in heavy large saucepan over medium heat. Add the leek and 1 tsp of the salt. Cook until almost tender, 2-3 mins. Mix in the thyme. Add the rice and stir for 1 minute. Add the wine and simmer, stirring constantly until completely absorbed, 1-2 mins.
- Add 1/2 cup of the pumpkin broth and stir until almost completely absorbed, 1-2 minutes. Continue cooking the rice, adding the broth 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly and allowing each addition to absorb before adding the next.
- Cook until the rice is tender but still firm to the bite, and the mixture is creamy, 20-25 mins. Add additional warm broth by 1/4 cup if risotto is dry.
- Mix in parmesan, 1 tbl sp of the parsley, the remaining salt, pepper and nutmeg. Remove from heat. Add more salt to taste.
- Divide the risotto in 6 shallow bowls. Sprinkle each with bacon, goat cheese and remaining parsley and serve.
- Pre heat oven to 400*. Toss Brussels sprouts with oil, salt and pepper. Add rosemary.
- Place brussel sprouts on a baking sheet. Roast until golden brown on the outside and tender on the inside.
- When five minutes of roasting left, add pine nuts to cookie sheet and finish roasting.
- Before serving toss with parmesan cheese.
Pan Seared Chicken Tenders
- Cook in Colavita Extra Virgin Olive Oil and simply salt and pepper