Grilled Berry Sauce
Make grilled berry sauce into a vinaigrette, put it on pork chops, or serve it over ice cream, but it's good enough to eat straight from the with a spoon!
- 6 oz fresh blackberries
- 6 oz fresh blueberries
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp Colavita Mediterranean Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Colavita Balsamic Vinegar
- pinch of sea salt
- Combine everything in a bowl, and mix lightly. Stack 2 layers of aluminum foil, and top with a light drizzle of Colavita Olive Oil.
- Fold up sides of the foil, just slightly—forming walls. Pour fruit mixture into the foil, and bring edges of the foil to meet, closing the package.
- Grill over medium flame for about 10 minutes, until soft.
- Remove from the grill and transfer to a bowl. Can be made up to 2 days ahead and stored in the refrigerator. Allow to come to room temperature before serving.