Grilled Chicken with Lemon-Caper Sauce
A few simple ingredients come together to create grilled chicken with lemon-caper sauce, an incredibly flavorful dish for an everyday meal.
- ½ cup Colavita Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided use
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely minced
- 8 (about 5-ounces each) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ⅓ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 2 large lemons)
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- ⅓ cup Colavita Capers, rinsed
- 2 teaspoons granulated white sugar
- Colavita All Natural Canola Oil, for grill grate
- Whisk together 3 tablespoons olive oil and garlic and brush mixture on the chicken breasts coating both sides; season with salt and pepper. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use.
- To make the sauce, add remaining olive oil, lemon juice and zest, capers, and sugar to a small sauce pan and warm over low heat.
- Heat grill (or grill pan if cooking on stovetop) to medium-high.
- Lightly oil the grill grate and place chicken on hot grate. Grill chicken, turning once, until an instant read thermometer registers 165 degrees, about 5-6 minutes per side. Remove from heat and let rest for 5 minutes.
- While chicken is resting, bring sauce mixture to a boil and then spoon over chicken. Serve hot.