Grilled Tuna Steak with Fresh Tomato Salsa
This Grilled Tuna Steak with Fresh Tomato Salsa comes together in just 20 minutes and is moist and tender with a hint of freshness.
- 4 ea., 10-12 oz., center cut tuna steaks
- 4 ripe seasonal tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- ½ jalapeno pepper seeded and cut into small dices
- 2 tbs. chopped fresh leaf cilantro
- 2 tbs. chopped fresh parsley
- 2tbs. white onion chopped fine and rinsed under cold water
- 2 tbs. chopped scallions
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 3 oz. Colavita Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat grill to medium high, clean the surface well and brush with oil just before you place the tuna on it.
- Brush the tuna with Colavita EVOO just prior to cooking. Place the tuna steaks on the grill surface. Turn after 4 minutes and cook for 8 – 10 minutes. If it’s a little pink at the center that’s fine as overcooked tuna and fish tends to be very dry.
- To make the sauce, simply roughly chop the tomatoes and salt them and place in a mixing bowl. Add all the remaining ingredients and mix well with a spoon.
- Once the tuna steaks are cooked, plate them and spoon a generous amount of the sauce over the top.