Rice Balls CARB-onara
An interesting twist on rice balls and pasta carbonara!
- 1 cup short grain Colavita Arborio rice
- 2 eggs
- 4 strips thickly sliced bacon
- 1 teaspoon Colavita Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- pinch of salt
- bread crumbs (optional)
- Cook the rice in a pot on the stovetop according to the instructions on the packaging. Add a pinch of salt to the rice as it cooks.
- While the rice is cooking, place the bacon on top of a few paper towels and on a microwave safe plate. The paper towels will absorb much of the bacon grease as it cooks. Microwave the bacon on high for two minutes. Blot the bacon with paper towels if you’d like to remove the grease from the top, and continue cooking at 1-2 minute intervals until the bacon has reached your desired crispiness.
- Chop the bacon into tiny pieces – I actually used kitchen shears for this purpose – and place the pieces into a large bowl.
- Crack two large eggs in a small bowl and whisk with a fork. Heat a small, skillet (lightly oiled with Colavita Olive Oil) on the stovetop over medium heat. Scramble your two eggs, breaking them up into small bits.
- Once the rice has finished cooking, add it to the bowl with the bacon, and then add the scrambled eggs. Mix well to evenly distribute all the ingredients.