Roasted Carrot and Blood Orange Salad with Arugula and Goat Cheese
This roasted carrot and blood orange salad is a vitamin C packed roasted carrot salad features fresh thyme, coconut flakes, arugula, and tangy goat cheese.
- 1 bunch of carrots, sliced lengthwise
- 1 blood orange, peeled and chopped into cubes (remove seeds)
- 1 tangerine, peeled and chopped into cubes
- 1 navel orange, peeled and chopped into cubes
- fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped (as much as you like)
- fresh thyme, chopped (as much as you like)
- 1/3 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 1 package arugula
- 2 oz of crumbled goat cheese
- 2-3 tablespoons Colavita Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Citrus Dressing (recipe follows)
Dressing: Ingredients (serves 8):
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup Colavita Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice the carrots and chop the oranges. Place them on a large baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt, pepper and the freshly chopped thyme and parsley. Toss to coat all the fruit and vegetables evenly.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven, and bake for about 25 minutes.
- Place the arugula in a large salad bowl. Add the roasted vegetables and fruit. Sprinkle in the crumbled goat cheese.
- Drizzle the salad with the citrus vinaigrette and toss to combine. Serve!
For the Dressing:
- Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine.