Sautéed Boneless Pork Loin with Fork-Mashed Potatoes
Sautéed Pork Loin with Fork-Mashed Potatoes is a perfect combination of flavors and textures that will make you want more. Also includes sautéed spinach.
- 4 boneless pork loin center cut cutlets, approximately 2 oz. each
- 8 oz., baby Yukon Gold potatoes, or red bliss, or fingerling
- 16 oz., pre-washed, cleaned spinach leaves
- 4 tbs Colavita Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbs kosher or sea salt
- 2 tbs chopped fresh cleaned parsley
- 1 clove of garlic diced very small
- 1 tbs Colavita Pure Olive Oil
- Potatoes: Combine the potatoes with enough cold water to cover them by several inches in a small pot, season the water well with kosher or sea salt, bring to boil, reduce back to simmer, and allow to simmer for approximately 18 minutes or until a paring knife passes through them with little or no resistance, shut off the flame when they are tender, and hold in that warm water, or drain and hold warm.
- Pork Cutlets: Meanwhile, have a sauté pan pre-heated, add 1 tbs Colavita Pure Olive Oil, season the pork cutlets with salt and pepper and add them in small batches to the pan, don’t over crowd the pan, keep the flame at medium setting. Once the pork cutlets are in the pan, do not disturb them for at least one minute, allowing them to brown on one side. After 3 - 4 minutes check for good color, if they have an even golden brown color turn them, cook the other side to the same golden brown color. Total cooking time should be 5 – 7 minutes at most, hold warm.
- Spinach: Once the pork and potatoes are ready, have a pan preheated for the spinach, to this pan add 1 tbs Colavita Extra Virgin Olive Oil, then the small diced garlic, be careful not to burn the garlic. Quickly add the spinach leaves in small batches, allowing them to wilt then adding more, and season with salt and pepper at the very end. Total cooking time should not exceed 2 minutes. Once cooked, remove the spinach from the pan and plate the final dish.
- Drain the potatoes, allow them briefly to steam off, mash them lightly with a fork, drizzled 2 tbs Colavita Extra Virgin Olive Oil over them, season lightly with salt and pepper and finish them with 2 tbs chopped parsley, portion, and plate.
- On each plate arrange the 2 pork chops, the sautéed spinach, and the potatoes.