This strawberry-basil shrub is really easy to make, and is both healthy and delicious! Adapted from
Adapted from http://kitchentablepolitic.blogspot.com/2011/10/shrubbed.html by Whitney Schultz.
- 1 lb strawberries, chopped
- 1-2 handfuls fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup Colavita balsamic vinegar
- Club Soda
- Mash: 1 lb of chopped strawberries with 2 cups white sugar and 1-2 handfuls of fresh basil.
- Cover and let sit over night in the fridge.
- The next day add 1 cup apple cider vinegar and 1 cup Colavita Balsamic Vinegar.
- Cover and let this mixture sit out on your counter for 2-3 days.
- Strain out fruit mixture and say hello to your shrub.
- With a 1:10 ratio, add 1-2 TBSP shrub to a glass, add ice and fill with club soda.
- The shrub will store for quite awhile in your fridge in a sealed mason jar.