Tomato and Watermelon Gazpacho
Tomato and watermelon gazpacho puts a spin on a traditional dish, freshening it up for summer time. Blend some up for a perfect after-the-beach snack!
- 4 medium tomatoes, preferably heirloom varieties, chopped
- 4 cups of diced, seedless watermelon
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 red pepper, cored, seeded, and diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, cored, seeded, and diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- juice from 2 limes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup Colavita Extra-Virgin Olive Oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 tablespoon Colavita Champagne Vinegar
- Optional: bread crumbs and fresh cilantro for topping
- Combine the tomatoes, watermelon, cucumber, red pepper, jalapeno pepper and garlic in a food processor and pulse to combine.
- Add in the lime juice, salt and pepper, Colavita Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Colavita Champagne Vinegar and pulse again to mix thoroughly.
- Transfer to a bowl or pitcher and chill for at least one hour.
- Serve in small bowls with a sprinkle of bread crumbs and a sprig of fresh cilantro.