This is my absolute favorite cake. It is easy to make as everything is measured in 250 ml cups (like a normal coffee mug). It doesn’t contain much sugar and no butter or fat – but Colavita Olive Oil, apples and zucchini. If you’re having a sweet tooth you can add some chocolate pieces, which my parents love. This cake is awesome for pre-training rides but also tastes great with a nice cup of coffee after a hard training. Enjoy!
3 medium eggs
½ cup of cane sugar
1 package vanilla sugar or 1 tsp vanilla extract
150 ml Colavita Olive Oil
1 cup grated nuts
1 tsp cinnamon
3 cups of whole spelt flour
1 package baking soda
2 cups filled with grated apples
1 cup filled with grated zucchini
- Preheat the oven to 175°C/340°F. Butter a loaf pan and add some bread crumbs.
- Cream the eggs, cane sugar and vanilla sugar/extract to a fluffy mixture. Add 150ml Colavita Olive Oil, the grated nuts and cinnamon.
- Then add slowly the whole spelt flour cup after cup. If the dough gets to dry, immediately add the grated apples and zucchini.
- Spoon the cake mixture into the loaf pan and level with the back of the spoon. If you like to add some chocolate chips then mix them carefully with a spoon into the dough.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes. If you’ve added very juicy apples it may take longer of course.